Re: Perl scripts

Would it be possible to create a education package similiar to the way GNOME
looks. I think that would be both attractive and functional. A teacher with
little computer experience could have all the programs they needed in an
easier than Win9x set up. The administrator would have an easier time
because he could set up and control the enviroment.

"Daniel P. Kionka" wrote:

> Doug Loss wrote:
> > Lee wrote:
> > > I also have some perl scripts that might be useful to others.  ...
> > I should probably also mention psntools, a set of batch account ...
>
> This discussion proves a point I was going to make -- everybody has perl
> scripts that might be useful.  And several sites have collections of
> those that have already been made public.  e.g.:
>
> http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/CPAN.html
> http://www.cgi-resources.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/
>
> I think there are only 2 ways to be helpful.  One is to create a meta
> list of all the places you can find perl scripts, and the other is to
> collect a bunch of pieces and package them as a system.  Just collecting
> the stuff we have all done does not help unless you are working toward
> the second goal.
>
> I am working on the first step (creating a list) for only quiz programs,
> and there are so many to chose from that it will take a long time just
> to go through them and see if they are any good.  So whenever I see some
> one say, "I have some code that might be useful...", I just cringe!
>
> Dan
begin:vcard
n:Dolph;S. Barret
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.angelfire.com/on/WhiteHorse/index.html
org:White Horse English Development Center
version:2.1
email;internet:white129@ms7.hinet.net
title:Headmaster
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1