Re: [seul-edu] Introducing Myself

James Myles wrote:

> I recently signed up to this list, and am interested (with my local LUG
> (Scottish Linux User Group) in promoting the use of Linux and free
> software in UK schools.
>
> I thought I should introduce myself here.
>
> There is a lot of discussion on the SLUG mailing list on Linux in
> Schools at the moment.  We have a homepage at
> <URL:http://www.scottish.lug.org.uk/>.

Welcome, James!  Please keep us informed of the discussions on the SLUG
mailing list about and of your efforts towards the use of free software
in UK schools.  If there's anything we can help with, let us know, and
feel free to pass on anything we come up with here that seems useful to
you.  Of course, we can always use more people working on the various
projects we have in the works.

You may not know that we have task groups working on specific focus
areas, each with its own separate mailing list.  They are:

Documentation--docutg@seul.org
Edutainment--eduttg@seul.org
Math software--mathtg@seul.org
Quiz software--quiztg@seul.org
Science software--scitg@seul.org
Advocacy--advotg@seul.org
Language software--langtg@seul.org
WWW educational material--wwwtg@seul.org

Additionally there are task groups for administrative software and for
elementary software, which haven't had mailing lists set up yet.  We'd
like to set up a task group for translation, but that hasn't gotten off
the ground yet.  To join any of these mailing lists just send a message
to majordomo@seul.org with "subscribe docutg" as the message body (with
whatever mailing list you want to subscribe to replacing "docutg" in the
example).