Re: [seul-edu] Curricula

Bill wrote:

> Has anyone developed a syllabus for teaching open source APPS? I am
> looking to create one for grade 9-12 (American system). This would be
> students from about age 14 - 18.

I'm not following.  Are you talking about teaching how to use specific
programs, or using open source software to teach other subjects?

> If there is an extremely good syllabus / lesson plans set "out there"
> then I see no need to re-invent the wheel. However, if this is an
> area still in deep need of development, then I guess I might as well
> get busy.

On this page <http://eduwiki.seul.org:8080/wiki/edu/Lesson_Plans> we
listed a bunch of sites that have lesson plans for various subjects.  I
don't think many if any of them are specific to open source apps, but
they may be adaptable.

> I would like a chance to look at even partial course outlines to see
> what others think important to teach but I will read just about
> anything sent my way from sketchy outlines to in-depth / time proven
> lesson plans.

Let us know what you find!