Re: [seul-edu] Re: File formats and distance learning

Les Richardson wrote:
Now my suggestion; Make a "Create PDF" server using samba. You can use samba to create a network printer which accepts
a print job and creates a PDF file. The user then can retreive
their new PDF via a windows share.

What would be the input format (that you are uploading via smb)?
As well, what is the conversion software?
I believe he has a sbm.conf that takes the Postscript from the client printer driver intercepts it in the print queue and uses Ghostscript to convert it to pdf format. I would like to see the relevant portion of the smb.conf as well.

OpenOffice can be set up with a "Convert to PDF" printer device that does the same thing on the local client level.

- cameron