Re: intranets

Robert Hopcroft wrote:

> Roman, I just dug the following out of the archives
> http://www.seul.org/archives/seul/edu/Nov-1998/msg00205.html:
>
> Bob

I hope you don't end up getting a reputation for living in the past after
all this! he he!

> Hi everybody,
>
> Just a short note about my interests.
>
> My oldest just started Kindie.
> The local primary school has a room full of Power MAC's. Their internet
> access was
> through some software on a MAC which limited to 10 similitenous
> connections via a 33k6 modem.
>
> I got together an old 486DX4/100 with 2G HDD, loaded linux, squid, setup
> DNS, Apache, PHP3, Postgresql.
>
> Now they have a proxy on their side of the modem. Ability to create WWW
> intranet pages, send/receive e-mail to each other.
>
> Watching a group of Kindies using e-mail was fun!
>
> Pointers on other projects, uses of computers etc most welcome.
>
> Regards
> Mark Harvey
> N.S.W.
> Australia

  Intranet's used in places. We still need ideas for intranet
software/resources though.

Is this guy still on the mailing list? Perhaps we could find out what he's
done since then.

Roman.

PS Has anyone noticed that everyone around here seems to be male? Or at
least they have been since I arrived.