Re: intranets

Rob Bellville wrote:

> Roman, I didn't catch the info about what you are actually doing. I saw a
> reference to the fact that you were in the educational software field?

We write educational software for publishers in Britain. We also are working on
some internet developments which we shouldn't talk about in any detail but will be
quite compatible with Linux. We advise clients on marketing strategies within the
educational software market over there. We design software. We do graphic design.

Personally, I have a lot of beliefs about mankind. How bad we are and our amazing
potential to do so much good. So that's why I'd rather spend my time doing free
software. It's using my skills to do something which I consider better than just
putting more money in the bank. And if I can do something to help just a few young
people grow up with the knowledge and ability to asses their environment and the
feeling that they can really change it for a better future then perhaps my life
will have been worth it. A philosopher once said that it's not the meaning of life
that's important it's what we do in our lives that give life meaning. I can't
remember which one it was that said that though.

If I could get sponsorship from someone like Redhat to do this full time and give
me just a modest salary then I'd give up the commercial side of my activites
altogether.

I hope that explains me a little but we're all a lot more complex than a couple of
paragraphs.

Roman.