Small Linux distributions and old hardware

Rob Bellville wrote:

Some of these are simply fascinating. During the summer I'm going to

> download a few at school and play with them. Lots of the kids are
> interested in Linux too and this is a great way to get them started without
> getting their parents angry by messing up the family PC!
>
> I've been getting some much input on this idea lately that I'm a little
> overwhelmed by it all. I'm sure that anything that comes out of this will
> be of benefit to many others, too. Its going to take a while to sort out
> the details.

You could do with a project page with accounts from people that've done this sort
of thing and some technical notes. Put useful links up there as well. Then server
people  in schools could get at the information more easily. I think that would be
a good and important service. There's obviously a real need there and lots of
people here are/will be experimenting so let's publish our findings everyone.

Roman.