"Educational Freeware Project"

Hi folks,
     I came across this will scanning freshmeat. It seems like this this
project (which seems pretty early in development) has similar goals to
seul-edu. I checked the web page, and they are still at the organizing
stage.

--- - --- ------ - --- -- - - - -- -
subject: Educational Freeware
 added by: Cees de Groot on Jul 05th 1999, 17:53
 category: Community

 homepage: http://www.cdegroot.com/articles/edufreeware.html

body:
A new project that should alleviate one of the problems that schools
are having - obtaining quality educational software. The initial
paper (http://www.cdegroot.com/articles/edufreeware.html) has the
details. Basically, the keywords are: GPL, Java, and a broad team (not
only hackers) to make sure that the software is actually useful for
schoolkids.

--
Pete St. Onge - McGill U.  Limnology - Fun with Ropes & Buckets
pete@seul.org                  http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4322052