intro and thoughts on gperiodic

Hi, my name is Rachel Greenstadt and I've been
lurking on this list since ...um, November or so.
I guess I could be described as one of malonowa's
hoardes of aimless programmers, so if anyone needs
help with something....I like to do graphical things
and have an interest in edutainment type software
(although, I am most likely X-less til I get back
to MIT in sept...)

I looked at the gperiodic website a while ago
and thought the colored groups looked great. Along
those lines, in my high school chem text we had these
periodic tables that were color coded/marked up to show
periodic trends like radius size/electron affinity etc.
and that the ability to morph and show this sort of
information would be a neat addition and not too difficult
to do (though I don't know much about gtk, would like
to learn more, though).  Just a thought :) if I get
access to X sometime soon I might even try it.

--Rachel