Re: gperiodic

Robert Hopcroft wrote:
> If you're looking for something challenging, that I would be surprised if anyone
> else has done, consider providing a means to hear the pronunciation of the name
> of the chemical element chosen.

That could be part of a template for html structures to be bound to
each element. Any good html browser can be tuned do handle many
formats of sound files, as well as other documents, like flat
animations, vrml, etc.

Can we agree about a template including

- physico-chemical data about atoms of the element,
- historical facts, like date and circumstances of discovery,
  and links to related documents,
- geo-economical facts, like world production, geographical location,
  and links to related documents,
- a sound file,
- links to elements of the same chemical family (e.g. halogen
  family for chlorine)
- description of the "corps simple" (what is the english translation ?)
  corresponding to the element, including informations about polymorphism,
  like diamond and graphite about the C element, mains natural sources,
- vrml files about atomic orbitals of the element and of most important
  ions derived from it,
- whatever ?

Georges Khaznadar,
Laboratoire de Dynamique et Structure des Materiaux Moleculaires