Re: gperiodic

the sound HOWTOs say something about  .au files and /dev/audio, and
wav files and /dev/dsp...that they're different, as the two device files
are different, though in what way I don't know.

"Minors in Kansas City, Missouri, are not allowed to purchase cap pistols;
they may buy shotguns freely, however."