Re: project updates again: EduML - XML and all other SEUL-EDU projects !!

Bruno Vernier <vernier@vc.bc.ca> sez :

>Hello!

>If anyone wants me to write a tutorial about the combined use of PHP and
>XMLscript to extract and display EduML data, let me know. I sure spent a lot of
>time figuring it out (it is a new field and the documentation is so cryptic).
>I know equivalent methods exist in the other living languages (PERL, Python,
>Java etc...) ... I just happen to have chosen PHP/XMLscript for this
>implementation, this summer.

>Bruno

Hi !

If you can find time to write the tutorial about the combine use of PHP and
XMLscript, it would be very useful for the rest of us who are still doing the
"head-scratching" exercise. :)

BTW, later this year when I visit the PRC [The People's Republic of China, aka
Mainland "communist" China] I'd be meeting with some mid-level officers of PRC's
education department and I may try to introduce to them the wonderful concept of
open-source softwares, especially those from the various SEUL-EDU projects.

If PRC adapts open-sourcing, as oppose to the current pay-through-the-nose
propriety softwares, many others may follow.

	India, Africa, South America, and so on....

Lets keep our fingers crossed here.

	Can you imagine hundreds of millions of children
	benefitting every year, from what you are doing?!

PRC is a big country, with an even bigger number of people living in it, over
1.3 billions. The "push" for PRC to go open-source may takes years, but then I
take everything one-step-at-a-time anyway.

What I foresee is the killing of three birds with one stone - adapting the
open-source concept means lowering the cost for education, thus cutting down on
software piracy on proprietory commercial (PAY) softwares, _plus_ the additional
benefit of tapping the talents of PRC into the field of open-source softwares.

Sean Cynard
linuxkernel@newmail.net

PS. BTW, there is a treasure cove of excellent quality FREE tools available from
the Fermilab people. The location to find them is
http://www.fnal.gov/fermitools/