Re: gtkpool/gperiodic

Jacques Fortier wrote:
>      I guess what I'm really working my way towards is a simulated
chemistry
> set.  I think this would be really neat, but also really complex and
time
> consuming.  However, I don't know enough about chemistry to know how
much can
> be realistically (or quasi-realistically) simulated how easily.  I
hope that
> someone who is a bit more knowledgeable could shine some light on
this.

Not off the top of my head. What I can do is put together a prospective
or proposed project on chemistry and include information on gtkpool and
gperiodic along with how to contact the authors. Also I noticed that
many of the chemistry programs in the SAL database are GPL. Perhaps
someone coming along could see how to put together a set of programs for
a chemistry class. Doug, would a simulated chemistry set qualify as
edutainment.

Bob