Teaching Physics, Toontalk

The physic education site
<http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfp/cockpit-phys/cp_home.htm>
is pleasantly designed.  The following paragraph is in the first lesson
<http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfp/cockpit-phys/cp_fp1.htm>
"Welcome to COCKPIT PHYSICS! In this lesson, we introduce a novel approach
teaching/learning physics which we hope you will enjoy and benefit from.
The SI system
of units will be introduced along with a review of vectors. In addition,
the Fundamental
Forces of nature will also be presented."

I got the Toontalk CD from <http://www.toontalk.com>. I watched the demos
in the CD with my two children. I asked my son, 12 yrs, what does he think.
His response was "give me a break Dad". My daughter, 10 yrs, said "this is
'dom'".  I was not impressed with the demos myself. I don't know why, but
may be one of the reasons is that many intermediate steps are not needed,
e.g. it takes more than one step to get a number.

Kamal Matta
General Dynamics