Introduction

Kia Ora All,

Ive been lurking on this list for a qhile now, and I thought it was time I
introduced myself.
My name is Chris Cormack, im a native of new zealand .. in the true sense
of the word. I work as a programmer for a small company here in New
Zealand doing mainly perl scripting. I also do a bit of system admin ...
if I cant avoid it :-)

My interest in seul-edu is in language learning software, also in
modifying existing english only applications to provide interfaces in
another language .. for me thats Maori. Here in New Zealand we have
kohanga reo (language nests) and kura kaupapa maori (maori primary
schools) were the main language of instruction is maori.
These schools are clamouring for software in Maori. So thats where my
interest lies.

My bosses are pretty good as they give me time to work on "unbillable"
work, ie work that I want to do for free. So I have a few hours free each
week to work on projects I want to.
At the moment Im working on a database of Soldiers who served in the Maori
battalion in the second world war. There are over 4000 photos, and 300
hours of video taped interview, which needs to be catalogued and described
in a meaningful way. So that takes up most of my free time.

Well that probably enuff ramble from me.

Naku Noa,
Na Chris

Chris Cormack                       chris@katipo.co.nz
Programmer                          025 500 789
Katipo Communications               www.katipo.co.nz