[seul-edu] off-topic announcement and some requests

I'll be going on holiday from August 10 to August 24 on the island
of Karpathos in the Aegean.  Karpathos is between Crete (Kriti) and
Rhodes (Rodos).  If any of you can make it down there during that
time, let me know and we'll get together.  It's a nice place, with
the expected amenities but not quite so "touristy" as Mykonos or
Santorini.

Since I'm doing the Linux in education reports every other week
during the summer, one will be due on August 14.  I'll need someone
to fill in and write that report, as I won't be on the internet for
those two weeks.  I don't think it's terribly difficult to write
them.  You can just copy one of the existing reports for formatting
and fill in the new material.  If someone would volunteer
(_please_!) to write this report I'll be happy to go into detail
about how I put them together via private email.

I also check Freshmeat, Scientific Applications for Linux, Linux
Weekly News daily updates, and LinuxToday every day for new
applications, websites, or anything else related to Linux in
education.  Roman Suzi, could you keep an eye on Freshmeat during
those two weeks and post anything relevant that you see?  You're
pretty good at that.  Pete St Onge, could you do the same for SAL?
Oh heck, _everybody_ keep your eyes open, OK?

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid