Re: [seul-edu] Some French educational sites

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Doug Loss wrote:

> I picked these from the educational topic announcement from the LSM
> meeting in Bordeaux that just ended:
>
> http://www.linux-arverne.org/educ/
> http://projet.minal.free.fr/
	Minal seems to be a set of scripts for easy administration of a
school network which incorporate both Linux and Windows clients.  It's
based on Redhat 5.x.
> http://www.ac-grenoble.fr/carmi-internet/slis/
	SLIS is another school network configuration/maintenance tool,
with a focus on providing connectivity to the Internet.  It's features
include
  * Based on RH6.2
  * Setting up IP Masquerading
  * Mail server setup with optimized queues
  * Automatic configuration of an http/ftp caching proxy (ie, it supports
the autoconfig option of netscape/internet explorer)
  * Caching DNS server
  * Automatic network install, and remote administation (including
configuration via the web)
  * A configuration backup database for crash recovery
  * squidGuard -- ie, url-based filtering
  * IP based filtering
  * DHCP

> They're in French (of course) and I'm not the one to try to explain
> them to you, but I believe they're all administrative programs of
> one sort or another for schools.  Could some of our Francophones
> take a look at them and tell us about them?
>
> Also, could any of you who were at the LSM tell us about your
> experiences there?  Thanks!
>
> --
> Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
> Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid
> Bloomsburg University     to laugh.
> dloss@bloomu.edu                Voltaire

Jacques Fortier