Re: [seul-edu] Update on Lean and Clean

One last comment ...

At 08:33 AM 7/14/00 -0500, Robert Maynord wrote [in part]:
>In general, I have found that the Red Hat kernal is rather fat.  The Debian
>one is much thinner, and the Slackware is thinner still.

If you need a lightweight kernel for your application, don't rely on a stock
kernel from ANY distribution. Compile your own. At least at the level of
complexity you are aiming for, it isn't that hard to do. And you will end up
with a *much* smaller kernel than any of the standard install packages can
provide.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com