Re: [seul-edu] Our math discussion - Docs

My Guess is that it is inconvient for people to learn DocBook, although I don't
think it is any worse than HTML -- maybe a tiny bit.  Probably the hardest thing
is that most poeple are used to formatting text not organizing text.  This takes
an adjustment period.  Finally, at the moment there are no programs that set
DocBook for linux outside of text editors.

LyX is a good option, but the flexibility of DocBook is very attractive.  Maybe
we should change if it inhibits getting started.   Although, I like using it
here at work, because I can generate documents so many different formats so
easily.

Bill

Quoting Ray Olszewski <ray@comarre.com>:

> At 12:09 PM 7/23/00 -0700, lp wrote:
> In looking at the site for SEUL/edu documents
> (http://www.seul.org/edu/docs/docprojects.html), I note that the only
> ones
> that have been made are the set Bill wrote about how to make documents
> in
> DocBook. Perhaps Doug or Bill has some insights into why the other
> proposed
> guides have not even acquired project leaders, let alone draft text?

This mail sent through IMP: mail.tasis.ch