Re: [seul-edu] Internationalization with Java?

Kyle Burton wrote:

> I've used GNU Gettext in a C project I've wored on, and know that this
> group does alot of internationalization with it's software.  I was wondering
> if anyone has done multi-lingual projectds in Java, and what techniques
> they have used to make the task of development simpler.
>
> We're developing Servlets, and JSP pages -- it would be nice to have
> a tool like Gettext for the servelts, JSPs and HTML -- a template system
> like the po files for the HTML in the JSP (not just text output) would
> be ideal.

Well, there's <http://java.sun.com/products/jilkit/> and
<http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs/guide/intl/>, but they look
Sun-specific (after a cursory overview).  O'Reilly has a book on this coming out
in September <http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javaint/> that might help.  This
article from DDJ <http://www.ddj.com/articles/1998/9801/9801f/9801f.htm> might
help too.  Here're another couple of handy ones:
<http://www.irt.org/articles/js179/>
<http://usa.multilizer.com/documents/j3intl/>.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid