[Fwd: [seul-edu] ISO Phase one evals--is anyone doing any?]

I'm forwarding this message I got from Mark last week so we have all the evals
on the mailing list.

--
How valuable is my contribution?
Share your feedback at Affero:

SEUL Software Evaluation

Mark Schmitt, Mathematics Teacher, Detroit Country Day School

Currently teaching Algebra 2 at the standard and honors levels, honors discrete mathematics, and honors linear algebra

Mathematics

Title       Category    Evaluation      Comments

Amaya       Browser     P2

bc          Calculator  N               command line calculator with arbitrary precision is not needed in classroom

Cinderella  Geometry    N               Commercial software (must be licensed separately)

Citrus      Calculator  P2              Units converter could be useful if it showed more process (Black box)

Dr Genius   Geometry    P2              Geometric Exploration

Dr Math     ???         N               404: File Not Found (homepage for math forum)

EasyMaths   Arithmetic  P2

Eukleides   Geometry    P2

First_math  Arithmetic  P2              Linuxforkids has several other pieces of software

Fnord       Arithmetic  P2              Multiplication table generator

GAP         Abs Algebra N               Topic beyond the scope of most (all?) secondary schools

geg         Alg Graph   P2              2-D function grapher.  Looks interesting.  Must test.

Geometry    Geometry    N               Static

Gnumeric    Spreadsheet N               package in GNOME

Gnuplot     Graph       N               Static (1999), command-line

GPLconx     Geometry    N               Pre-alpha release; No updates >12 months

Guppi       Alg Graph   P2              Incomplete, Static 6 months

HartMath    Alg Graph   P2              Static 6 months

ISETL       Alg Disc    P2

Kalamaris   Sym Alg     N               Non-stable, no error messages, Static

KGeo        Geometry    P2

KMatPlot                ???             Web-site down

KmPlot      Alg Graph   P2

KPercentage Arithmetic

KSEG

KTimes