Re: Updates and summer efforts

Doug Loss wrote:

>    Micah, how is your Airline Sim coming?  I believe I remember that you

It's been a couple months since I've worked on it.  I was fairly close to having
a basic economic simulator in it and releasing 0.0.3, but that still hasn't
happened.  It could still take some time before I get back to it, but it *is*
still something I want to do.  Don't expect a reasonably playable version this
year.  :-)

> and Mauricio were going to pass your derive-like code on to either the
> Genius or THX-1138 calculator groups.  Am I right and if so what
> happened, or am I wrong and what's the status of it?

I've worked on that some last month, and I *think* it will go into Genius.  The
only problem is that the author of Genius prefers C and my code is heavily
C++/OOP intensive, but I *think* we can find a way to hook them together.  It
could be a while before we see results, but again, this is something I want to
see happen.

I'm also working on a plotting engine to draw graphs for it - first it will spit
out ASCII graphs.  If it integrates with Genius I might not do any more than
that with graphing.

I've been rather occupied looking for work also.  If anyone knows of a decent
entry level Linux programming and/or system administration job, please let me
know!  I'm willing to move to MANY different locations for the right job.  The
folks at a certain large corporation's upcoming Linux Support Center in Austin
have been telling me "any day now" since December.

I'm leaving for Puerto Rico late next week and will be there a couple weeks, so
nothing will get done then...  :-)

Later,
Micah

--
"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.
What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing