VB comes back.......

Well, the subject of getting VB code to work under Linux has come up on this
list a couple times.  I just came across a project that is actually in the
process of making a VB->C/GTK converter.  http://home.i1.net/~naken/vb2c/
That's the good news.

The bad news is that the author (also the author of ASP2PHP) doesn't seem to
grok open source, as is evident by his colorfully written note to those who
would take his source code and use it with anything else:
http://naken.i1.net/curse.txt

There's apparently no source code available (he's "thinking about it") and it is
still in its infancy stages.  Still, this *could* be a promising project (but
only if it's open sourced).  After all, he already wrote a VB parser (ASP is
very similar to VB).

On a related note, I subscribed to the GNU-VB mailing list shortly after Doug
mentioned it a couple weeks ago, mainly because I wanted to keep up with it (I
probably wouldn't have time to code it).  There has not been ONE single
message!  Apparently it's DOA.  Maybe I'll post a message and see if anyone
really is out there.

Later,
Micah

--
"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.
What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing