Re: [seul-edu] Re: Mail Filters and Excel conversion

yes gnumeric creates xls files nicely.  I often have to
send them to my boss.  How would this work though?
Gnumeric needs (as far as I know) Xwindows and gnome
libraries.  I don't have any of that stuff on my mail
server.  Do you think  their might be a way to just have
it do the conversion?

Quoting jm <giem@free.fr>:

> Does Gnumeric convert XLS files ?
> because XLS-> HTML make you lose the formula and the
various "smart" parts
> of a Excel file.
>
> >Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:
> >
> > > Clever idea I like that.  Is there anything for
.xls
> > > files?  Can I make them tab deliminated or better
yet
> > > HTML tables?

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>