[seul-edu] Project presentation

Hello, I am a French Linux software developer with 2 kids age 3 and 6.
I did a small and simple educational game on Linux for them and I'd like
to share it with you and get some opinion about it.

This is a multiboard game even if by now there is only two boards.
The first one is designed to teach the mouse usage by asking children to
click on falling animals.
Second works the same way but with letters and keyboard of course.
It already includes a scoring and increasing level mecanism.

I have designed it in a way that should make it easy to create and add
new boards (I am working on falling words of course).
Technically, it uses the Gnome canvas in which it was really easy to do
what I did.

Long term goal for me is to create a lot of boards dedicated to learn
specific things.
Each board will self describe itself in term of minimum age or skill to
use it.
Then include a property scheme that could let a teacher/parent select a
bunch of boards appropriate for the children.

The software can be found on http://gcompris.sourceforge.net

Hope it helps,
Bruno Coudoin.