[seul-edu] web usage analysis for each user

Hi,

It appears as though we can have broadband access via ADSL now. This is
likely to result in a large increase in download volume which is the basis of
how we are charged for our internet access. I would like to be able to have
the students pay for extra use over and above a basic amount.

On our web server - running RH6.2 we have a program that analyses the log
file and provides a breakdown of cached and uncached downloads for each user.
I was interested in adding the data from this file to each user's desktop, so
they can see how their usage is going.

It would also be useful to consider printer use in similar way.

Any suggestions of how to proceed would be appreciated.

Ian Sheppard
Marbury School
Aldgate
South Australia