Interested in uses of Linux in CSE

Hi!

I'm new to the list, so forgive me if I ask something that is already
general knowledge ;).

As a part of a course on Computer Science / Computing Teaching Technology
I'm holding a lecture on uses of Linux in educational environments.
Could you give me some examples of the uses you have had for Linux in
education? (I'm especially interested in CSE.)

As a short introduction of myself, I'm a fourth year student of
Computer Science at the University of Joensuu (Finland) and a limited
duration assistant researcher at our department. I've been hacking
away with Linux since 1995, and now maintain all of our Linux systems
(all student computers are dual-boot).

ramin
--
Ramin Miraftabi			Assistant, Department of Computer Science
ramin@cs.joensuu.fi				    University of Joensuu