[seul-edu] support via lugs

I read the Linux in Education editorial on freshmeat, and thought it was
very well done. One area I did want to address is the idea of using lugs
as a means of support for schools using linux. I think that this could
prove to be an excellent alternative to the expensive M$ style phone
support that schools are often saddled with.

I have broached the subject with my local lug  MFDLUG (Mansfield Linux
Users Group). I have suggested to them that we could  offer support via
our web page. MFDLUG has been seeking ways to give back to the linux
community. This could be an excellent project. What I am asking now is
for comments, ideas, etc (anything but rotten tomatos) about what could
possibly be effective ways of offering support.

I'm a third grade teacher, and I use linux in my classroom. I am also
involved in potentially hatching a project in my school to create a mini
lab of linux boxes to do school newspaper type word processing.  I
evnision using several of the ideas from seul in setting this up. As
this could become a potential school project seeking support from my
lug, I thought I would throw this into the mix also. Again, comments,
suggestions, etc, will be more than welcome.

kometboy