Re: [seul-edu] How would the kids login in the labs? SCHOOL-AID

Kevin--

Ideally, there should be a web-resource where pro-active
student-linux-lovers can go to register for used hardware, or
hardware/exchanges.

Some private companies may be considering old-hardware-donations to
non-profit orgs, but I am suggesting that we, the peeps, need to build
that resource (for the sake of the *whole* community, and especially for
the students in schools (who most deserve the high level of intellectual
nourishment). I think I saw something like that in a linux.com article
once, and would love to talk with anyone about this who has more
information on efforts already pioneering this kind of SCHOOL-AID, and I
would love to talk to anyone who would want to collaborate on organizing
this, or who could use another energetic helper.

I would be honored if I could be tapped-into as one who helped start a
linux-project at my college, and saw the challenges, and successes, and is
familiar with the process, and wants to help any other student in the
world, who wants to get open source going at their school.

Is anyone doing that already? Helping raise funds/methods for schools to
get used hardware that can serve as powerful linux servers?

How can I help?

I want Kevin to get to run linux at his school, if he feels that is a
superior educational tool and atmosphere.

--Karl

raptor.slc.edu/~jackal
NOVALUG
Sarah Lawrence College '99