Re: [seul-edu] SEUL/edu Doc Site

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Jacques Fortier wrote:

> Doug, are you using sdoc to create your weekly reports, or is there
some other
> template somewhere?  I emailed seul/pub-www, but I figured that since
> want to match the look of the seul/edu page as closely as possible, I
> might as well get it straight from the horse's mouth.

The horse's mouth, eh?  Well, I'll tell you anyway.  No, I don't use
sdoc to write the reports.  I just copied down one of the simpler pages
(I think I used links.html) and excised all the content in the main
table cell, then saved that as a template.  I just call it up in a text
editor and start typing.  I'm old-school about HTML; I hand code all
the tags.  It's faster that way, at least for me.

> 	As for what I plan on doing for the page, Bill's suggestion to
> organize it on the same lines as the seul produced docs seems
> reasonable.
> I'd also like to include blurbs about each doc if possible, and put
> everything in both english and the original language for non-english
> docs
> (eg, a french doc would have french and english titles and blurbs
> where
> possible).

That sounds fine.

--
Doug Loss            There's no trick to being a humorist
dloss@suscom.net     when you have the whole government