Re: Fw: [seul-edu] Why use Linux?

<snip>
>When linux-user will increase, shortage and high payability will not be
remain there. Also It will increase the competition between linux users.
Becasue any way Linux is now very much userfriendly.

Jobs for *nix Systems Administrators generally don't go to people that are
"users" of a system--they generally go to people who administer the system
- the behind the scenes people who:

#1.  Put some type of security model in place on a *nix box, or comply with
an existing organizational security model

#2.  Handle user complaints about the box (slow to connect, programs slow
to load, etc)

#3.  Add new users, and configuring the box to do whatever needs to be done

#4.  Make decisions about what type of access will and will not be allowed.

etc...

I was a System Administrator of 5 boxes for a group called Web Spinners at
the University of West Florida for about 2 years.  I'm now the Senior
System Administration Consultant to the same group.

Michael