[seul-edu] sun australia grant

Hi,

Introductions first:
My name is Ian Sheppard and I work at Marbury School , an
independent, alternative / progressive school in South Australia.

We are now in the third year of running our Linux network. The value for money
of the installation has been extraordinary although there has been a large time
commitment to maintain and learn aspects of Linux. I have been particularly
fortunate to have a former student do the initial set-up and do remote
maintenance for us.

Sun Australia are offering a technology grant to 4 Austalian schools. A sun
server and 100 sunray devices. We felt that a Linux background might be
appealing to sun, particularly since we already use Star Office, Java is the
programming language we use in the senior school and the x terminal
architecture is relatively close to sun's set up.

The grant application requires answers to the following questions in no more
than 2000 words.
(i) What's special about your school that technology could enhance?

(ii) The Sunray device from Sun Microsystems uses smart card technology.  How
would your school use this technology to enhance learning? (See
www.sun.com/sunray)

(iii) How would your school involve the extended school community with this
new technology (Parents and community members)?

The application needs to be written within the next 2 weeks and any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian.