Re: [seul-edu] Linux-based palmtop

Hi
You might like to also take a look at this-
"Morphy One" is an open source hardware development project in Japan, by OHPA
(Open Hardware Palmtop computing Association) Palmtop PC user group.
"Morphy One" is claimed to be the first IBM PC/AT compatible- architecture-based
palmtop PC produced only by users. ("Morphy One" itself does not include
software.) The project aims to put out all the data on its development process
and specifications under GPL.  Prototyping and quantity production will be done
by Morphy Planning & Co., Ltd., a joint-stock companyinvested by 106 users. They
plan to disclose all the processes such as the process of working out the
production cost and the volume price. Though Morphy Planning & Co., Ltd. is
planning to sell hardware only in Japan, they claim, of course, that anyone can
produce Morphy One based products locally, freely and for free, under GPL. That
means local vendors can become Morphy One distributors to localize, package, and
distribute Morphy One, to make profit to pay off production cost and
distribution cost (as long as they don't
restrict other people's rights).
http://www.MorphyOne.org/about_e/

Cheers,
Kirsty