[seul-edu] Re: school timetabling

Max Fagotto wrote:

> Like you I search for a software to help creating school timetables (a linux solutions and open source). Have you found something?
>
> Thanks,
> Max (University of Padova -Italy-)

Here's what I've found:

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~webscool/

This seems to be primarily TCL programs, which should run on virtually any OS.

http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/groups/outlook/estonia.html.gz

This may be out of date, but it talks about a genetic algorithm time-tabler program developed for Estonian schools.

http://www.vss.com.au/

Visual Scheduling System is a DOS program that could conceivably run under DOSEMU.  It's commercial, but the company might be willing
to consider a Linux port.

http://www.webevent.com/

WebEvent is commercial calendaring and scheduling software that runs on Linux.  I don't know that it would be exactly what you're
looking for, but their website lists a number of colleges, universities, and lower-grade schools that use it.

http://www.seul.org/archives/seul/edu/Apr-2000/msg00176.html

This is a message from a gentleman in Portugal, Carlos Fonseca, whose university was developing such software back in April of last
year.  The website listed is still active, but I haven't heard anything about it since this message.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid