Re: RE:[seul-edu] [Fwd: presentation software]

Hi!
This is my first time to post to this list, so I'll make a short
introduction... My name is Jeff Nelson; I've been using Linux for about 3
years and am an English as a Foreign/Second Language educator, currently
working in the United Arab Emirates but formerly of Washington State
University.  I advocate Linux every chance I get!

Someone's already mentioned it, but I'd like to put in my two bits for
KPresenter.  I used it for two presentations at the TESOL convention, and
people commented on how professional the slide shows looked.  Some caveats
are that it does still occasionally crash and do weird things, so you should
make a backup of your presentation files.  Also, fonts aren't quite as smooth
as they should be, but I think all in all it's quite good and easy to use.
Also, it converts to HTML very nicely.

You can see (or download & use) my presentation _Using Linux in TESL_ along
with all the notes and handout at:
http://linux.innoved.org/linux-tesl

Best regards,

Jeff Nelson