Re: [seul-edu] Easy to use educational software

Ben, one problem I have run into when promoting K12LTSP to our area schools
is there is no "collection of software" that can be easily loaded onto the
system so schools can be up and running ASAP. There are very few programs
that match what the students are using. I have made suggestions to several
groups that a non-profit foundation be set up to distribute educational
Linux based programs  and administrative software, which would give the
developers a tax write off, which might be enough incentive to port windows
titles to open source. I believe that when we have a distro package proven
and accepted by educators and administrators, then we will be able to
persuade schools to try something new.

I am negotiating with a local school and library for them to try a pilot
program and this is the road block I am hitting.

Best Regards.Chris Calise