[seul-edu] gpl-fdl licences in Canada

Hi everyone

As a linux user for almost three years, I'm very familiar with gpl
licence. However, there is one issue that is still not clear in my mind.

GPL and GNU licences (like LGPL, ....) have been written in the US. Does
anybody has more info on how it applies in other countries, like in Canada
for instance ?

Are those licences "legal" or applicable in Canada ? I'm wondering about
this especially for publication licences (for our web sites and our
learning projects for teachers and students that I would like to publish
with FDL licence).

Thanks !

Benoit St-André
Conseiller pédagogique en technologies de l'information et de la
communication
Animateur,  RÉCIT des Affluents
courriel: benoit.st-andre@fc.csaffluents.qc.ca