Re: [seul-edu] Upgrading Samba help

I'd have to say that if you are in a mixed NT / linux environment
(especially with more than one linux box), you should use NIS (it's ok, as
long as you have some type of a firewall in place) to share passwords
between the linux machines.  For the NT side, you need to configure 1 of
the samba boxes (I'm guessing all will be going to samba 2.2.3a?) as a PDC
-- and I think samba has now added the ability to use a samba box as a BDC
as well.

If you go to samba.org, and search for PDC, I seem to remember that they
had a howto document on their website somewhere.

If that doesn't work, I have a copy of a samba config file that does
correctly set up a samba controlled NT domain.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Database Administrator / Web Statistician, Simple End User Linux