Re: Math Program (replies to Fredrick and Hilaire)

Fredrick:  I'm referring to some math classes for symbolic calculus.
You can find them at http://cvs.seul.org/~yoderm/  So far I've only
released the Pascal libraries and a REALLY horrible Borland Pascal test
program.  I'm converting the libraries to C++ but haven't released
anything in that language yet.

Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> There is a very interesting project, Genius Calculator, this is right
> now a multiprecision line oriented calculator with Gnome GUI also. The
> good points are that it comes with a easy to use/math oriented script
> language (GEL) :
> for exemple the expression like (1<x<8) is a valid boolean expression.
> Also the author want to implement plug in for it.
> It may be more easy to jump with your work in this project as the Genius
> Calculaor has not yet derivation algo or graphing facilities.
> Also you will don't need to worry with GTK code.

You know, that's an excellent idea.  Thanks!  I would like to see the
libraries put to good use, but I don't think I have the time nor will to
write a fully functional math program.

I'll try to get a hold of the author and see if he'd be interested in
merging in my code.