Re: Help with French, please?

Doug,
Here is some help for you, hopefully useful
The abstract will tell you a little what it is about
The rates are NOT a personal appreciation on quality, only on possible
specific interest for edu use as a speciality

-------------
Linux France : Projects

      Version française du Free Software Bazaar
      Abstract : french translation of Free Software Bazaar
      Rate : 0

      Borsalino, logiciel de gestion (M. Remond)
      Abstract : accounting and management system for the commercial
companies;              developed in Erlang, or Perl, or Java
      Rate : 1

      kde2wm (Y. Bailly)
      Abstract : perl script to make possible the use of kde
applications within any         other window-manager as far as there
      is a wmconfig file
      Rate : 3 (Yves Bailly is a friend...)
      Winux, interface LOADLIN (H. Utard)
      Abstract : an interactive tool to help use loadlin in a more
friendly way
      Rate : 3

      *Support (V. Defert)
      Abstract : documents to help learning Linux
      Rate : 3 (Vincent Defert is also a friend, and his documents are
very well done        and useful)

      *Linux en milieu d'enseignement
      Abstract : more or less a plain description of what Mr X and Mr Y
are doing with       Linux in their schools. Yet you can
      find here
      http://www.linux-france.org/prj/edu/archinet/general/maingene.htm
      an interesting link on computing teaching, with interest on
pedagogical contents       (yet unformatted, progress is going on, but
slowly)
      Rate : 2

      *MeK (G. Picard)
      *Xem (G. Picard)
      *Lum (G. Picard)
      Abstract : 3 tools for experimental sciences
      Rate : 5

      *Sev, aide informatique au placement de la voix (R. F. Amoretti)
      Abstract : a software that will give you kind of a mirror for your
speaking            voice; should be an useful tool for teachers
      Rate : ?

      *Escritor (J.Y. Chasle)
      Abstract : a bunch of pedagogical tools; will be translated into
english soon;         watch the URL
      Rate : 4

      *Emacs
      Abstract : projects for LaTeX-emacs
      Rate : 2

      *GNOME, la FAQ et Eiffel - gtk (F. Pennaneach)
      Abstract : GNOME (you've heard about, haven't you ?), GNOME-FAQ
(ok), and              finally Eiffel-GTK, Eiffel
      interfacing for GTK library, if I understand well
      Rate : 2

      *rdevice (J. Alet)
      Partager des périphériques à travers un réseau
      Abstract : scripts for multi peripheral sharing
      Rate : 5

      *DrumPatterns (G. Lamiral)
      Apprentissage des séquences de batterie
      Abstract : drum patterns tutorial !!! Rate : 5 !!!
      Already in english :
http://www.linux-france.org/prj/drumpatterns/index-en.html

      *LedPanel (F. Jolliton)
      Exploitation d'un afficheur à LED
      Abstract : LED display
      Rate : 1

      *websys (S. Lee Chip Hing)
      Création et maintenance d'un site du type Yahoo!. En Perl.
      Abstract : easy web editing
      Rate : 1

      *UNICODE sous Linux (G. Aznar) Abstract : unicode on Linux
      Rate : 1

      *Messages en français (gettext)
      Abstract : A script to extract the text from a software you would
like to              translate
      Rate : 1

      *fr.comp.os.linux.moderated (S. Stéphant)
      Le forum Usenet modéré, en langue française, traitant de Linux
Abstract : French       Linux newsgroup HOWTO
      Rate : 0

      *usenet-fr (sondage)
      Sondage sur l'état et l'avenir de la hiérarchie Usenet 'fr'
      Abstract : inquiry among French users of French Linux newsgroup
      Rate : 0

Last modified: Fri May 7 00:25:01 MET DST 1999
Copyright © 1997-1999 « IKARIOS »

--
Odile Bénassy,
fonctionnaire, Orléans, France