Re: Need help choosing WM for old machines

If you want a REALLY small X foot print, use no window manager.

for example set your ~/.xinitrc to
exec netscape

this will start x with netscape (now WM)

For a small window manager look into fvwm2 and qvwm (search
www.freshmeat.net for the urls)

			Harry

On Thu, 27
May 1999, Daniel Glenn wrote:

> Question from White Horse in Taiwan:
>
> We just installed RedHat 6.0 on our old Pentium-100s and X Runs SLOW.
> GNOME with Enlightenmnet doesn't cut it in only 16 megs of RAM
> (especially considering that we have onboard VGA which means the Video
> has to share RAM with the Main system)
>
> So the question is, Which Window Manager can we use that will allow us
> to do these things:
> Run Netscape (composer), and GIMP so that we can create Web Pages.
>
> What simple file manager would be best?
>
> Thanks for you help.
begin:vcard
n:Glenn;Daniel