Database?

Hi,
   I'm a 9th grader from Yorktown Highschool. My school has unofficial
started a grade book project, the work will be done by some students this
summer, we are planning on using a PostgreSQL database (which I will be
designing and implimenting), and Python to create a web/Gnome based grade
book. I have read most of the posts for the past few months and I agree with
all of you, our grade book will offer most of the things discussed. We would
like to have *one* database with two applications accessing the db, the web
based and the windows/linux version. The whole structure will be based on
the database and different programs will be made to query the database. I
would like to hear your opinions on this schema.

- Spidy