Re: [seul-edu] Speech Recognition for Linux

Hmm, maybe I wrote this from a wrong point of view. For a kid in school,
this is a pretty good distraction. And, if you are not doing anything
productive, I guess, depending on your personality, a little fun making a
parot say anything (I tormented my sister with this feature....) is kind of
fun. But when doing an assignment and wasting a whole hour talking to a
paperclip is quite pathetic.

Right now, the Linux desktops (KDE and GNOME) are quite equivelent to
Windows. But really, why switch when they are about the same to get around
in. Linux needs to go beyond "eqivelent". Well, uhh, maybe a dancing paper
clip isn't the right solution (as I learnt by posting this message). But
maybe a WM that was designed for the internet ground up. And maybe,
integrate a speech recognition engine into it like ViaVoice (and if that is
what emacspeak is, then maybe it too...). So this one extra step could cause
Linux to become more popular in buisneses and school.

When writing my original letter, maybe I wasn't thinking to clearly. And
after reading through the MSAgent newgroup I became offended when some
people were telling each other how "old of a technology," Netscape is. Now I
am realizing the power of a stupid paperclip.

Kevin Brown.