Re: [seul-edu] Mail Filters

you can do this many listserv have the ability to filter by mime type so
various things don't get through.

At 06:05 PM 05/31/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>On Wed, 31 May 2000, Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:
> > We recently had a word virus end up in one of our user's
> > docs.  She had to save it and open it to get it.  So I
> > figured maybe there is a way to force people to send
> > only rtf files and dissallow .doc and excel file (rtf
> > and tab deliminated files should work).  Anybody have
> > any experience doing this in a school.
> >
> > I don't want to buy virus checkers and have to update 70
> > computers nearly weekly.  I figure mail virus filters
> > are expensive.
>
>Hey , that's an excellent good reason to promote Linux.... :
>You don't want viruses, ok, then poor buggy Winblows 95 should
>be removed and Linux installed in its stead. :)
>
>Thinking about it I don't know which sucks harder ( Outlook,
>Winblows or Word ).

Jeremy Hunsinger          	http://www.cddc.vt.edu
Instructor of Political Science	Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Webmaster/Manager CDDC
526 Major Williams Hall 0130	http://www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy --my homepage
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061		(540)-231-7614