Re: [seul-edu] youngsters logging in

Michael Viron wrote:

> At 08:41 PM 05/09/2001 -0600, you wrote:
[snip]
> >This presents the user with a
> >Login Window with all available users names are presented, they only need
> >to select it and enter their password and they are taken to their home
> >directory on the server.
[snip]

> This actually already exists -- take a look at kdm.

Yes, the kdm that ships with KDE 2 does do this.  But I *really* don't
want to have an account with a widely publicized password, or (a
slightly better option) several accounts with one password.

I now have a cuecat and several related linux software packages.  foocat
came with a pleasant suprise - when I scan an ISBN, it connects to
Amazon and returns the title, author, and publisher!  This will greatly
reduce the task of entering our library collection into Koha, so even if
I don't use the cuecat for user authentication, it will still be a
tremendous asset in that regard.

--
Jim Thomas                            E-mail:     jthomas@bittware.com
Senior Applications Engineer          Web:     http://www.bittware.com