Re: [seul-edu] CueCats

Chris Ellec wrote:

> Jim Thomas wrote:
> >

> > It's very difficult to imagine how they could detect that you've pressed
> > their devices into an alternate use, and it would indeed be very sweet
> > for user authentication.
> >

> Each CueCat has a unique serial number, which is sent back to the
> manufacturer along with what you scanned when you use their software.

Yeah, but if you're not using THEIR software...
What I'm trying to say is that it would be easy to use their scanner
with alternate software (foocat et al) for alternate purposes, and they
would have no way of detecting this.

Not that I'm recommending anyone do that...

--
Jim Thomas                            E-mail:     jthomas@bittware.com
Senior Applications Engineer          Web:     http://www.bittware.com