[seul-edu] LinuxWorld - Apparent lack of interest in Education.

I am sending this email to the SEUl-EDU mailing list, and via another
email address to several people who might be able to influence Linux
World?s/IDGs decision.

As many of you probably know, I submitted a paper for Linux World 2001, in
San Francisco.    The call for papers stated that all applications would
be informed by the end of April.  The end of April came and went.... It
now appears as if IDG has posted the list of events for the conference
(http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/conf-sub-03.shtml).  Neither my proposed
presentation (Linux in K-5 education, a case study, Corbett Elementary
School), nor the now standard ?Linux in Education - Panel Discussion) are
on the agenda.

This seems odd to me, considering the number of attendees we had at for
the panel at Linux World NYC.  Especially considering that it was at a
very early hour, on the last day of the conference.

I will be at Linux World already (committed to help man the SEUL-EDU
booth, and was about to submit for an OSEF booth).  I am still willing to
write, and present the presentation on Corbett, and be part of a Linux in
Education panel discussion, if IDG/Linux World Expo will put it on the
list.

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder