Re: [seul-edu] Legal questions [was Re: They changed the site! ( was Re: [OS:N:] Donated PCs)

At 11:03 AM 5/3/2002, you wrote:
>Stephen C. Daukas wrote:
>>In my humble opinion, I think it is time to talk to folks
>>trained/practicing in this area of law (friends, family, etc.) before we
>>make any representations about what is legal, what isn't, and what the
>>"grey area" does or doesn't mean, before we go after Microsoft half-cocked.
>>Steve
>
>Easy answer, we don't make any claims about what is legal.  We don't go
>after Microsoft.  We simply state that Free/Open Source software is a
>really nice way to utilize donated PC's and avoid problems with software
>license fees.

Fine, if you are talking about Open Source in general, but the point of
this press release/response  that has been discussed here, so far at least,
is to say that what Microsoft is doing is wrong, Microsoft's
representations of the facts are wrong or misleading, and GNU/Linux is a
way out.  If your are going to make that claim, especially in the name of
70+ organizations, you should understand what the implications are and you
had better be right!