[seul-edu] Another threat

Greeting!

I just finished an argument with our Bus. Ed. department about what they
needed to be able to teach various office type classes at our High
School.  I lost.

In Washington State, all Bus Ed. teachers who are teaching office type
products are REQUIRED to be certified in the appropriate area.  So far the
only reference I can find in the state's information is MOUS (Microsoft)
certification.  With this in place it will be extremely difficult for any
alternative software to get into our schools.

The link is:

http://www.k12.wa.us/careerteched/busmark/training.asp
and
http://www.nwcet.org/viewarticle.aps?art=10

Any ideas how to fight this?  Without it repealed Washington State is dead
in the water at the Staff level, at least with the most vocal of the
teachers involved.

ThanX!

Kevin Stiles
Pasco School District