Re: [seul-edu] wine testing efforts

Harry McGregor wrote:
> All of the Edmark software can be worked around, by running it as a
> window, and having the kids windowshade between areas.  This has worked
> for the past 3-4 years, though I have not looked in to the exact wine
> issues that cause it.

Matt == wine noob

How do I run in windowed mode?  Red Hat Linux 7.3 operates with a wine
service running and the kernel module binfmt_misc to ID the files --
currently I just run the executable, the kernel module picks up that it
is a Windows executable, and calls wine.  I should be able to pass
command line parameters somewhere in the call, though -- I'll look into it.

> Also if you run full screen, depending on your window manager, you can
> use alt-tab to force a redraw of the screen.

No dice with this -- sawfish on GNOME.  Is this a KDE thing?

Matt